Tuesday 6 January 2015

Mumbai University F.Y.B.A Course , Requirements, Eligibilty and Detail Descriptions


Home > B.A > F.Y.B.A

 

Mumbai University F.Y.B.A Course Desription, Requirements, Eligibilty and Detail Description





Name of the Course                  : F.Y.B.A

Duration of Course                   : 1 Year

Name of the Faculty                 : Arts

Name of the Degree                  : Bachelor of Arts

Duration of the Degree             : 3 Years

Number of Subjects                 : 6 Papers/Subject. Three Compulsory & Three Optional.


Eligibility Criteria / Entry Requirements:                   

The Candidate for being eligible for the Degree Course of Bachelor of Arts must have passed H.S.C or its Equivalent Exam from a well-known/certified Board/Institute.


Name of the Compulsory Papers


Paper 1.           : Communication Skills in English (Study Material available)

Paper 2.           : Compulsory Languages (Any one of the following)
(a) Marathi, (Revised)
(b) Hindi, (Study Material available)
(c) Urdu (Without Study Material)

Paper 3.           : Foundation Course - Paper – I (Study Material available in both English and Marathi)


Name of the Optional Papers

Select any 2 or 1 subject from Social Science Group-I and any one subject from Social Science - Group-II.
OR
Any one from Ancillary Language Group.
OR
Select any one from Social Science group I, one Subject from Social Science
Group-II and One from Ancillary Language Group.


Group A

SOCIAL SCIENCE – I Not more than 2 papers of the followings
  • Psychology -Paper – I: General Psychology
  • Economics - Paper-I: Economic Theory
  • History - Paper - I (option B) History of Modern Maharashtra (1848-1960)
  • Sociology - Paper - I Foundation of Sociology
  • Political Science – Paper – I: Introduction to Politics (Rev.)
  • Commerce - Paper I: Introduction to Commerce (Rev)


SOCIAL SCIENCE – II Only 1 papers of the followings

  • Philosophy – Paper I: Moral Philosophy (Rev.) OR
  • Rural Development Paper I: Introduction to Rural Development (Study Material only in Marathi)
  • Education – Paper –I: Principles of Education.


GROUP B

ANCILLARY (OPTIONAL) LANGUAGE – II.  Any One of the following. Study Material available for all

  1. Marathi Literature.
  2. Hindi Literature.
  3. English Literature.


Important Notes on Optional Subjects – (3 Papers)
Select your three optional subjects carefully at the F.Y.B.A. as you cannot change the subject in S.Y.B.A

No comments:

Post a Comment